You will definitely know about Qidi Tech I Desktop 3D Printer if you are familiar with Makerbot Replicator 2X and FlashForge Creator Pro, because all of them come with almost same feature and give same printing quality with much ease of use. Among these, the Qidi Tech I Desktop 3D printer is much less in price.
- Printer Type: Fused Deposition Modelling
- Build Volume:225mm x 145mm x 150mm
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Supported Filament: ABS &PLA
- Include Heated Bed: Yes
- Support Connection: USB Cable & SD Card
- Software Supported: Makerware/Replicator G
- Input Voltage: 110V-230V
- Printer Machine Dimensions: 465mm x 320mm x 375mm
- Maximum Print Measurement: 9” x 5.9” x 5.9”
This well-constructed 3D printer has the metallic frame and weighs almost little more than 46 lbs. It is a desktop device and has dimensions 18.3” x 12.6” x 14.7”. It also includes the heated bed that offer 9” x 5.9” x 5.9” printing area. The plate is made of aviation grade aluminum that prevents wrapping form the 1200 F temperature.
What’s in the box?
This 3D printer is shipped in the neatly packed box. Everything in the box is well arranged and protected. It includes several things in the box:
- 1x ABS filament roll
- 1x PLA filament roll
- 2x filament spool holder
- 1x printer’s tape roll
- 1x power cable
- 1x USB cable
- 1x 4GB SD Card
- 1x Filament tube
- 1x tool box containing necessary tools and fasteners
- Wiring harnesses
The Setup for the QIDI is quite easy, just connect the printer with your computer and download the recommended software. The Replicator software is easily accessible and simple to use. In the term of compatibility this printer stands in top line, being compatible with many OS such as Windows, Mac and Linux it can be controlled very easily.
It includes dual extruder that allows multi-colour printing of adjustable layer thickness from 0.1mm to 0.3mm. The machines can be operated through SD-Card slot or PC. The printer needs periodic recalibrating between builds. However, at the cost and the quality of the prints, this is a minor bother.
While using Cura, Slic3r and S3D to print, User must consider that the finished project reduced in both X direction and Y direction up to 9% of its original volume. To avoid the problem involves expanding the G code or STL to compensate
Things to keep in mind while working:
- While operating the printer let the process to finish first and try not to leave the object on the printing bed overnight because it will stick to bed and removing the cool object is quite difficult.
- To clean rafts and support you will need a small file set, for example excato knife.
- ABB and PLA works admirably
- It is recommended to put the printed object in zip-lock with little amount of acetone, it will give decent finishing to your 3D print.
- Cut the guide tubes around 2.5 inches in case they rub the printer’s dome cover
- Sturdy design
- Excellent technology used
- Great print quality
- Several useful attachments included in the box
- Affordable in price
- Assembly is little difficult
This Qidi Tech I Desktop 3D Printer is an excellent product. Metallic frame, FDM printer type and easy to use software make it reliable. No doubt it gives good value for money. Keep your close and invest your money in this product.
We highly recommend this product!