The Flashforge Finder is an excellent home 3D printer that gives exceptional printing quality with different connection options. It is the user-friendly 3D printer and specially designed for beginners.
- Build Volume: 5.5” L x 5.5” W x 5.5” H
- The thickness of Layer: 100 microns to 500 microns
- Precise Positioning: 100 microns on X-axis, 100 microns on Y-axis and 2.5 microns on Z-axis
- Printer Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Technology Used: Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM)
- Material Used for Printing: PLA
- Frame: Plastic Alloy made
- Body: Plastic Alloy made
- Extruder Included: Only one
- Product Dimension: 16.5” x 16.5” x 16.5”
- Product Shipping Volume: 19.7” x 19.7” x 19.7”
- Product Weight: 44 pounds
- Product Shipping Weight: 62 pounds
- Software Used: FlashPrint
- Document Type: OBJ, STL
- Connection Options: USB cable, USB stick and WiFi
- Operating System Support: Mac OS X
This 3D printer has compact size which makes it easy to carry and use, and also it is lightweight because of plastic alloy body. For the sake of safety all headted parts are well protected , and the printing material it uses is non-toxic (PLA).
What Box Included
- 1x Quick start user manual
- 1x 600 PLA filament
- 1x glass plate installed platform sticker sheet
- 1x power cable
- 1x USB cable
- 1x Filament Guide tube
- 1x USB Stick
Ease of Use
In 5.5″ x 5.5″ x 5.5″ build volume the printer resolution over the Finder is 11 microns on x-axis and y-axis. The print speed ranges from 40mm to 200mm per second while the layer thickness ranges from 100 microns to 500 microns. The loading and unloading of this 3D printer is really easy with the glass printer bed that slides in, and covering the glass surface with blue painter’s tape causes with filament adhesion to the print bed. Being unheated, the Finder only support PLA filament. The restrictive filament storage tells whether the filament is really extruding or not, enabling you to begin or stop the print
This 3d printer has new 3D printing technology. The UI is through the same vivid, natural LCD board as on the FlashForge Dreamer. Booting up the printer raises buttons for print, preheats and instruments. Print raises the choices for the USB interface or the onboard available memory storage that incorporates a test print frog figure. Apparatuses raise a submenu of options that incorporate stacking and emptying the filament and auto-leveling the print bed.
The included auto-leveling feature makes bed calibration easy. You are instructed to loosen or tighten a print bed screw until the beeper sounds at the precisely leveled position, at that point repeat the procedure at the following screw area. The calibration procedure correct for slight out-of-roundness, imperfections on the PLA parts, wrapping issues, and trouble in the evacuation of parts.
- Excellent printing quality
- User friendly interface
- Beginner’s level machine
- Auto-levelling feature
- Easy to use
- Support PLA filament
Despite a couple of drawbacks, this Flashforge Finder turned out solid. It is an entry-level printer with the user-friendly interface and auto leveling sensor. There are many other dominating features that make this reliable.
We highly recommend this product!