When you order Anycubic i3 Mega you will get nearly a 15 kg box. All parts are embedded into plastic which ensures that the parts won’t break during shipping. This model is truly a beast. Out of the box it comes equipped with a sturdy looking metal frame; it also includes a large 210 mm x 210 mm heated bed. It incorporates 3.5” touchscreen display and automatic bed leveling sensor. It ships in two pieces, so assembly is going to be a breeze.
There are tons of additional details to cover also before we get too far ahead of our selves, let’s go to check the key features of this particular product.
- The technology used: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM). Single extruder
- Product Volume: 210 x 210 x 205mm
- Resolution: 50 microns
- Layer Resolution: 0.1 0.4mm
- Nozzle size: 0.4mm
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Connectivity: SD card, USB
- Heated Bed: Yes
- Printing speed: 20 to 60mm per second
- Travel speed: 60mm per second
- Filament material supported: ABS, HIPS, wood, PLA
- Extruder temperature for operation: 260C maximum
- The heatbed temperature for operation: 100C maximum
- Printer dimensions: 410mm x 475mm x 458mm
- Input rating 50/60Hz, 110/220V AC
- Required working voltage: 12V DC
What makes it Better than the Rest?
Firstly, it is a pre-assembled kit and delivered in two pieces. The Anycubic i3 Mega doesn’t require too much assembly which means it takes less than the hour to be operational.
Secondly, instead of usual screen combo/ click wheel, it comes with touch screen which makes it user-friendly and quite responsive.
Thirdly, the auto-resume feature is definitely a breeze in case of power failure. This feature makes it capable to finish the print when it is again provided with power.
Fourthly, the versatile heated bed won’t limit you to the specific type of material and also the dedicated sensor detects the filament material outage.
Anycubic i3 Mega Base
The Anycubic i3 Mega has the metallic base. Its wide impression looks stable, and the previously mentioned weight guarantees this stability. Over the base, you’ll see the heated-bed. It is as of now mounted to the y-axis rail of the printer, so you’ll just need to align it with the first print.
Over the base surface, there is SD card slot, power socket, and USB plug. Also the 3.5” TFT touchscreen
Anycubic i3 Mega Frame
This Z frame is consists of 2 rods, the extruder, end stops and X motor. Everything is nicely mounted on the frame and wires are wrapped into spiral cable wrap.
The plastic bag sealed 1 kg PLA filament also includes in the box.
It consists of 4 removable parts and can hold 1 kg spool of printing filament
This tool kit comes with all necessary instruments required for assembly. With this kit you can remove printer nozzle or fasten and unfasten screws.
The heated-bed of the Anycubic i3 Mega 3D printer is really sticky. Helpfully a print expulsion spatula is given in the box. Be mindful so as not to apply excessive force while evacuating the prints else you may damage the bed coating.
- Well built base and frame
- Not much assembly required
- Includes instruction manual for assembly
- Removable drives and Extra Hotends
- After some prints it gets too hot
This Anycubic i3 Mega is turned out strong among other contenders. Components are made well and solid. Being an excellent performer it is quite reliable and gives good value for money.
We highly recommend this product!